28 December 2018
Nominations to serve as an elected officer of Works Credit Union for the 2019/2020 term will be accepted from January 2nd, 2019 and continue until January 30, 2019. Please see notice below for details.
The following guidelines to nomination has been set by the Nomination Committee: -
- Nominees must be of good character, be willing and committed to serve with integrity for the office which they seek.
- Nominees must be in good financial standing. In accordance with provision 24f (i-v) of the Bye-Laws.
- Nominees must be a regular saver in accordance with provision 7.1 of the Bye-Laws.
- Nominees MUST present a Police Certificate of Character which is no older than (6) months from its date of issue and a recent passport-sized photograph along with application.
- Nominees must not be employees of the Works Credit Union.
- Nominees must have adequate knowledge and understanding of the business of the Works Credit Union and are encouraged to attend ALL relevant training sessions with respect to role and function on the Board and Committees of Works Credit Union.
- Nominees should declare their interest, if any, as a Board or Committee member of another Credit Union.
- If elected to office, the Nominee must be prepared to fully commit his/her time to
- Attend Board or Committee meetings;
- Attend other meetings and events of the Credit Union Movement;
- Attend Seminars and Training courses as deemed necessary.
10. Nomination forms must be proposed and seconded by either:
- Liaison Officers of the Credit Union OR
- Board or Statutory Committee members
12. Completed application forms must be deposited in boxes provided at each Works Credit Union Branch location.
A copy of the Credit Union's Bye-Laws can be downloaded here for reference.